Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Books

Summer reading has been a big topic lately. I just started reading Wild Swans by Jung Chang. I like it so far. I'm about 100 pages into 500. It's very similar to Amy Tan's (The Joy Luck Club)books. I've read all of her books and really enjoyed them. The hubby and I are getting excited for our annual vacation read. Each summer we take the new Janet Evanovich book. I read out loud and we eat junk food and laugh our heads off. It is getting harder to do this with 3 little boys making so much noise....but we'll try. We've been reading the Stephanie Plum series for the last, at least 8 years of beach vacations. The latest is #13 in the series. The series is about a female bounty hunter in NJ. The characters and the plot are always a riot. Besides reading I've been cleaning and organizing. Sort of a summer clean out. I cleaned my sewing room yesterday. I'm not sure how it got so messy since the only time I sew is when I leave the house for "sew day" with my friends once a month. Anyway it's really clean and ready for me to sew....I hope I can carve out some time soon. The cabinets all have locks on them now and the gates are up and keeping baby guy out of trouble....mostly:) Today I hope to get the floors all vacuumed and mopped....we'll see about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...