Friday, January 4, 2008

Should boys own a Nativity Set?


My boys received this beautiful Nativity Set for a Christmas gift. It came in the mail late so they opened it today. After opening the box and setting up the scene I was giving a little "talk" about how they should treat the Holy Family and play with the set in a respectful way. Mr. P...of course...says, "the people can still be rocket ships, right Mom?".


Having just watched The Sound Of Music...I thought it would be fun to add "a few of my favorite things" to all my blog posts. Here's the first.

A Few of My Favorite Things

lip gloss
meatloaf
little boys with fresh haircuts
flannel pj's
pictures of people

2 comments:

  1. Rocket ships.... too funny! Well Jesus was a little boy once too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think if it's a toy...it gets played with. Sometimes a thing gets played with whether it's a toy or a stick or a dinner roll. (if it is the wonderful authentic creche you have in your living room then no playing, ever.) But I agree with "life in fitzville" Jesus WAS once a little boy. By the way, your husband used to play with brocolli on his dinner plate...he pretended it (and the cauliflower) were trees and bushes and had full out skirmishes between the two!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...