Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Wetsuits and Boogie Boards


The best part of our vacation this year was the time spent in the ocean. After last year's boogie boarding experience I knew I wanted to be ready with my own gear. Cam bought me everything to stay warm and a cool boogie board of my own. The kids also got lots of gear over the course of the year. We were set! On the OR coast you need a full wetsuit, boots and gloves to keep warm. 

Sis wasn't sure about going all the way into the waves but a wetsuit is good for keeping warm in the little surf too....and while doing cartwheels. 


I bought Cam a full hood so the top of his head and back of neck would be protected from the sun. 


It was so fun to suit up and head down to the waves as a family. Tuba was plenty happy to stand in the sand and watch us ride the waves. 


After we were done we loved the outdoor (heated) shower to rinse off.


Cam and I stayed in the water longer than the kids. I think it's the benefit of being older (and having more fat). We stayed warmer! We were addicted to the waves and loved being out there together. The kids would get cold after about an hour and bail out one at a time. They'd head up to the house to shower and Cam and I would keep going. 



George was a maniac. He is a good swimmer but it made me feel better for him to be in a life vest. He would be out in the waves with us. Considering the height difference he was so brave! The waves coming at us that were above our heads were WAY above his head. 


Look at these surfer studs! Oh my, how handsome. 


The ocean is calling to me as I write this. We miss it! The way the water feels and sounds, the color of it, the taste of salt and the smell are just magical. And the thrill of riding a wave as it propels you toward the beach. So wonderful! 

1 comment:

  1. What fun! Hope we get a house in December for my birthday. You look great in your wetsuit!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...