Saturday, December 17, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

I adore Thanksgiving! It's one of my favorite holidays. I enjoy all the cooking and prep for hosting. And...it only lasts a day. Well, maybe two days if you include all the prep work the day before. The best kind of holiday. 

I usually have my turkey cut up into quarters and then I roast it in pans in the oven. It cooks much quicker and is easier to handle. This year I brined the bird over night. The kids about died and gagged when they saw me taking the bird parts out of the brine. I told them you must dance with your turkey before you cook it. They think I'm nuts. 


We have favorite things we like to make each year for Thanksgiving dinner and Parker House rolls is at the top of the list. The kids really don't care if we have turkey...just rolls and jello. 

Sis helped me with the rolls. She is a good helper and has a natural knack for cooking and baking. 


Besides the yummy food the holiday is a fun time to enjoy my loved ones.


My mom and Bill came for dinner along with one of my sisters and my niece and nephew. My in-laws came for dessert. 

We had the yummiest drinks! It was Limoncello and Prosecco. Delicious! 


It didn't snap too many photos since I was busy cooking but I love this one of George pouring cider for his cousin. So sweet. 


It's the holiday to reflect on what we are thankful for....and I am thankful for so much. This year I think the thing I'm most thankful for is for kids...my own and ll the kids I see while teaching. Kids are  so honest. I love how kids just tell it like it is. They say what comes to their mind and what is in their heart. 

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...