Monday, December 3, 2007

Tuba's New Sign

Tuba uses some sign language such as more, please, all done, drink, and potty every day. Sorry is another sign he made up on his own. He rubs his cheek with the palm of his hand. Tuba came up with a new sign this week. His new sign is for firewood. Everyone who knows Tuba well, knows how much he LOVES a fire! He now uses this sign to let us know he wants more wood on the fire....which is like every two seconds;) Our living room has been nice and toasty (about 77 degrees) most nights. Tuba's favorite thing, other than church is to stand in front of the fire and dance away.
Here's "Firewood"
Fun in the snow was enjoyed by all and the toasty living room made it extra nice for me:)

4 comments:

  1. I love that Tuba is making words he finds most necessary for his happiness. "Sorry." How many verbal folks have trouble with that one! "Firewood." Such a helpful boy. I think having the two younger boys has been instrumental in his expanding language. Think how many MORE words he will discover when another sibling comes along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Tuba!

    I don't know if I ever told you, but my first teaching job was at a school for autistic kids, and I loved when they learned new signs... even better that he is making them up for his own needs! Smart little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just so sweet...77 sounds just about right to me!:) The snow is sure beautiful, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all. How are you?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...