Saturday, December 22, 2012

Birthday Day

After a whole day at home recovering my boys were well. Eating and drinking a playing. And...nobody else seemed sick. It had been more than 24 hours since any barfing too. So, the day of my actual birthday I gave thanks to God! What a great birthday gift.

I took kids to school and then treated myself to a mani/pedi. Ohhhh....90 minutes in a warm massage chair reading fun magazines and drinking a latte. Pure bliss! I left with beautiful red nails and feeling very relaxed.

After picking up the preschool bunch I headed to the kids' grade school. They have a Holiday Store each year and I was volunteering as a gift wrapper. This event is SO much fun. The kids get to shop for gifts for each member of the family. The gym is laid out in gently used items collected by the amazing Holiday Store PTA team.

It's magical to see the kids' faces light up as you wrap the items they chose for loved ones. Some of the gifts are awesome, some are hilarious but they are all fun.

After school we got ready for a fun dinner. Yummy clam chowder and a chocolate cake. Cam got home a bit early too. We ate and headed off to the preschool concert.

It was so cute to watch Sis and George sing the holiday songs. After the concert there are cookies and punch. We were enjoying some fellowship and goodies when George started complaining of a tummy ache. I didn't think much of it. Bedtime had passed and he was tired.

Oh...no. Did I just ignore a warning...again?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...