Sunday, September 11, 2016

Summer's LOOOOONG

I've come to the conclusion that summer break is about 3 weeks too long. My kids were SO ready to head back to school weeks before it began. Last year we met a family from England and they were shocked to hear how many weeks American kids have off for summer. They said in England the kids have a 6 week holiday break. That about sounds perfect!

Maybe if we could afford a bunch of camps and things for the kids to attend it wouldn't seem so long. But, we can't and by the last few weeks of summer the kids were bored and quite frankly sick of being around each other all day long. They like each other but it was too much together time.

So we settled in for the long last stretch of summer. We enjoyed resting...


And we hiked...



And we bonfired...


And we visited the library...


And we had beach days and then had to soak our feet from the rocks scrapes...


And when things got really bad I turned to candy...


Tuba started to get depressed with the long wait...


I got a bit crazy and to entertain myself I began to take pics of my sleeping kids...



And you know what?! We made it! Phew! Another great summer (yet long) under my belt. And we are SOOOOOOO happy that school has arrived. Yeah!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...