Monday, September 5, 2016

Train Ride

There is an old steamer train scenic ride that goes along the coast near the beach where we stay. We hadn't been on the train for many years....since HERE. Look how tiny those kids are!

We decided to do the train ride again this year. We had a great time.








You'll notice here that the windows open and the scenery is beautiful. The train moves really slowly so you can take in all the views. When we boarded the train the kids excitedly sat down and began to open the widow. The man in the seat behind George rudely told the boys to shut the window, that he had just closed it because he and his wife didn't want to have the wind on them. The kids were really taken aback. I had the boys keep the window down until we pulled away. I gave them the okay to open it up. My philosophy is that we paid for those seats and we can choose to have our window open. The Mama Bear in me was ready to be assertive for my kids' vacation pleasure. George was nervous that he'd be scolded again but eventually he relaxed and enjoyed the views and breeze. 


Moses too.










1 comment:

  1. Steamer train, how fun! I didn't even know it was there. And please God don't let me be a crabby rude old person telling kids to close windows, but let me enjoy life like a kid!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...