Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2 years ago


Two years ago I was on my way to Addis to meet and bring home Busy Guy. In two short years our family has grown so much. We went from a family of 4 to a family of 7! I couldn't have imagined our beautiful brood back then. It makes me wonder what the future holds? We know we would like to adopt another girl in a few years. When Cam is done with Grad school we will decide about adopting again. I'm feeling sad that I won't be pregnant again...or at least don't plan to :0. Hubby says we WON'T be having another pregnancy! I say...don't tell me that right now...when I'm mourning it! I know...the pregnancy was a hard one on me...and I'm getting older...and we have been so blessed...but I can't help but to be a little sad about it being the last one. I'll probably nurse Baby George until he's 10! I just love the newborn stage...and it's fleeting so fast. My plan for the long term future is to volunteer at Children's Hospital holding babies and to foster newborns. I can get my baby fix until I have grandkids to hold:) I do love babies! Now, I'm off to hold and feed two precious little darlings. One is sitting at my feet playing with my bracelet and the other is sleeping so peacefully.

4 comments:

  1. I was so very sad when my third pregnancy was over. I wanted to be pregnant forever and ever. But the third pregnancy was also my hardest...I came down with several permanent conditions. I cried when I went in to get my tubes tied. But then we adopted and it was truly wonderful. And had, I see, began more wonder a quarter of a century later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful and blessed your family is! And, as a mom who has had difficult pregnancies, I can definitely say...don't make any decisions until you have some time and space between you and this past pregnancy. Our fertility is so fleeting and is such an incredible gift from God, give yourselves some time to discern--for certain--where God will lead you next.

    Hugs and prayers to you and your beautiful family!
    God Bless,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post touches my heart deeply. I too, love love love babies :)
    hhhhmmmm wonder if I can do that at my local hospital :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's good to have some time to sit and catch up on your blog. love the pictures! i'm glad to hear you went from fam of 4 to 7..we are going to be going from 5 to 7 and at times that seems, well, WILD! :) i know what you mean about not being preggers again/baby stage...we're at the same place, but I'm GRIEVING it..even though i know it 's just so so hard on me, it's a loss.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...