Saturday, August 2, 2008

The longest 4 days



Baby George sums it up perfectly!


I'm in the final stretch of my first 4 days alone with the kiddos. Hubby went back to work on Wed. It has been a LONG and HARD 4 days (really it's 3.5 days but might as well be 4). The first day was the hardest. There was lots of tears...mostly mine:) Both babies cried at the same time, wanted to eat at the same time, needing changing at the same time, wanted to be held all day...oh, yes, and there was still 3 other little boys who needed food, drinks, and time from Mama. The topper to the day was when I fell down the stairs with Lydia in my arms. I was carrying her, her bottle, and the phone and my feet slipped on the carpeted stairs. I went down hard and all my weight came down on my right elbow. OUCH! I yelled for Mr. P who was playing outside and had him go get Papa (who was sleeping since he works graveyard). I thought for sure I broke my elbow but it's just really bruised and super sore. I also have bruises on the other arm and on my butt. Lydia was fine, just a little shook up.

The next two days went better. There were still times when everyone needed me at the same time but it's getting a little easier to manage....or just easier to endure the chaos. I can't wait for hubby to go to day shift...only two more weeks. He will still be working 12 hours shifts and so gone all day but it will be only 3 days...not 3.5 days alone:) Also, he won't be trying to switch back and forth from sleeping in the day to night.

Hubby is off until Tues. and then it will start over again. For now I'll enjoy the next few days. Tomorrow is hubby's birthday...a very special birthday...the BIG 40!!! Happy Birthday...love you and sooooo glad you'll be home:)

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about the past four days! But man, do I love that baby face or what?!

    Praying for you...

    Jane
    PS-I'm impressed you were even able to blog this. So many babies, so little time...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...