Friday, July 3, 2009

Favorite Holiday




Photos of last year's celebration.
The 4th of July is my favorite holiday! It doesn't require weeks of preparation and work. It's fun and festive and I love to watch my kids enjoy the day.
The kids all have red/white/blue outfits to wear....call me nutty but I love that. We are going to a small town parade and over to our friend's house for dinner and fireworks. All the Dads have a great time putting on the firework show while us gals sit on the deck and enjoy. On our drive home we get to enjoy a second firework show. It's about a 25 mile drive and the entire way the sky will be lit with fireworks. The kids are always asleep and Cam and I enjoy the silence and the beauty in the sky. Kind of like a mini date:)
It's fun to reflect back to the previous year. Last year I went with Tuba, Mr. P and Busy Guy. I was HUGE pregnant...due in mere days and Cam was in Ethiopia. I was very emotional and greatly missing my husband and ever anxious to meet my daughter. I'm so thankful to have all my kids and my wonderful husband with me this year.
Have a wonderful 4th of July!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures make me think how much these three guys have grown this past year! Taller! As have Sis and littlest guy...who isn't littlest any more! Love to you all and Happy Fourth of July. We will miss you but will think of you as we watch the fireworks over the water here at home.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...