Friday, November 27, 2015

The Slice of Fall


Outside My Window - Today the sun is shining brightly and it's cold. The grass and rooftops are covered in white frost. Beautiful! The photo above was taken several weeks ago on a girl's weekend getaway to the beach. It was beautiful too.

From The Kitchen - The kids are cutting pieces of leftover pumpkin pie to have as a second breakfast. Today's lunch will be snack left over from Thanksgiving AND dinner will be leftovers that my mom sent home with us. Yum! I will be hoarding the gravy. So good.

Also from the kitchen is a huge stack of dishes waiting for me. Phooey.

I Am Thankful - This morning I'm especially thankful that Cam didn't have to go to work. He was on call. He got up early and took Mr. P to his basketball tournament....an early game. I'm thankful I was able to stay home with a the other kids in our pjs. Sis has a bad cold and needs to rest and stay inside today.

I Am Wearing - Ummmm.....pjs. Of course. Really cute new ones....polka dotted pj pants and polka dotted night gown. AND my new favorite thing, a cardigan, made of cozy sweatshirt fabric with a fleece lined shawl collar. It's like a warm robe but short like a bed jacket. I'm in LOVE with it. And slippers on my feet. Toasty warm.

I Am Creating - I took my sewing machine out of deep storage recently and have been sewing up a storm. I have three quilts ready to have the backing attached. So fun! 

I Am Going - Outside today! A nice walk in the sunshine. No shopping for me. Don't get me wrong...I love shopping but not on Black Friday. Ever. I think the whole world should stay home in pjs and eat leftovers....oh, and go for a walk.

I Am Reading - I just finished Little House In the Big Woods. I read it outlaid to the kids...mostly George was my audience. It was fun reading the other night when we had a huge windstorm and no power. We had candle light and lanterns and we could imagine ourselves right in the Little House. Although we ate cereal and bagels for dinner instead of cooking on a nice hot wood stove.

I Am Hearing - Rocket is chewing a dog bone. Sis is petting his head and telling him, "oh, I love you", in her best baby voice. Tuba is laughing and I can hear George and Moses talking in their room as they clean it. Actually, they are singing, "shake shake shake, shake your booty". They are hilarious! I guess shaking your booty helps you clean faster.

I Am Planning - I'll put Thanksgiving/fall decor away today in preparation for Christmas decor. We usually get our tree this weekend...we shall see. What I'm really planning is to have a chill holiday season. So far so good. I have taken a few things off of my annual festivities and I'm feeling calmer this year. I plan to do less, go less places, decorate less, cook less, entertain less and ENJOY more. Slow down and soak in my kids and have peace. 


One Of My Favorite Things - Books! And kids reading. It's so wonderful to see my kids reading and enjoying a good book. 

Other favorite things.

Hummingbirds
Geese flying overhead
An afternoon coffee with cream
Having my hair brushed
Dark chocolate
Glitter

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week - Basketball tournament, indoor soccer game, tree shopping and tree trimming, church...and that's just the weekend. 

A Picture Thought I'm Sharing - 


It's a Dog's Life
- And a boy's life. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...