Saturday, May 21, 2016

The Slice



Outside My Window -
Rain and grey and drizzly but not too cold. No wind today. I love it that I can tell how windy it is outside by looking at the trees. The trees are full of life, green and lush. The flowers are in bloom too.

From The Kitchen - Tonight some of us had eggs, and left over bacon and some of us had cereal. Exciting huh? Actually it's everyone's favorite when we all do our own thing for dinner. Easy for me too.

I Am Thankful - That our kids get to play sports (and take music lessons). It is expensive! I know it's a luxury that many cannot afford. We work hard and make it a priority to make sure they get to play...and have the equipment. We love to watch them play too. Right now it's Flag Football season for Mr. P and Moses. George is working on his TKD belts. Sis and George are taking piano lessons and Mr. P plays saxophone for the school band. Tuba is the world's best cheerleader. He doesn't care if it's practice or a game, he loves to go and cheer the kids on....even in the rain. 

Okay, at this rainy game he kept saying, "Mama, ewwwww rain", while pointing at the sky.



I Am Wearing - PJ pants, t-shirt, hoodie, sock and slippers, hair in a pony. Basically, my uniform.

I Am Creating - A big list to get us organized for camping. We are tent camping with a bunch of other families just after school lets out. It's going to be so much fun. But, there is so much to get ready! Yikes!

I Am Going - to be subbing everyday...EVERYDAY PEOPLE!!! For the next 2.5 weeks. Gulp!! We can use the extra money (had to pay for fall soccer and summer swimming, and vacation is coming up) It's the time of year that the teachers need a sub. They are testing kids and preparing for report cards. I am nervous to be working so much but I decided to just do it. Some of the days are half day jobs so I will have the afternoons to get my regular chores done....ie; make sure we have clean laundry and food to eat. And then summer break will be here. 

I have really enjoyed my sub job. It's really different than when I subbed thirteen years ago. This time around I am only working at my kids' school. So, I know almost all the kids and I know all of the staff. It makes a big difference. 

I Am Reading -  I just finished Everything I Never Told You. It was very good....and sad too. It was an interesting read. 

I Am Hearing - Cam is loading the dishwasher, Moses is putting his headphones on h
is iPod, Sis and George are talking and getting ready for bed down the hall. Mr. P is sitting next to me breathing. Rocket is chewing his dog bone. 


I Am Planning - What to wear. It fun to lay out my clothes for work each day. Sometimes I lay out two or more outfits so I can decide in the morning and then I can use the other choice the next day I work. I am getting good use out of my closet these days. Lots of my clothes only got used for church or dinner out. 

One Of My Favorite Things - My sweet Kali girl. I love this dog. 


A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week - I am going on a field trip with George on Monday....to the beach. It's a fun trip to look at sea life at low tide. I'm glad I get to go with him and enjoy one last day off before the crazy schedule begins. Plus, we have Cheetos for our lunch. 

A Picture Thought I'm Sharing - This cracks me up. This is my Uncle Larry. He was tired and getting a bit cranky and didn't want to have a photo taken. My kids expressions are hilarious!!


I'll end with a Kairos moment:

We were driving through an intersection when we saw a man waving his arms at the traffic. As we approached I could see that he was ushering a group of baby ducks and the mama duck off of the road and into he greenbelt. It was such a beautiful sight. It really touched my heart. It brought tears to my eyes and I rolled down my window to tell him thank you. 


2 comments:

  1. Lovely update - Your "slice" is always interesting and entertaining and informative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful you're my daughter, that I have wonderful Grandchildren, and a super wonderful son-in-law!!! Love you guys! XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...