Saturday, October 21, 2017

Holy Week 2017

 We attended our second Holy Week and Pascha at our new church. Well, not new anymore. We are still in our small building and hoping to move into the bigger space.....soon....someday.

Palm Sunday is always a beautiful sight in the nave. The kids still love to hold the palms and yes they still poke me in the face with it.







On Holy Saturday we got to visit our former parish. It was so nice to see friends and worship together. It's my favorite service of the year. The bells, the throwing of bay leaves, and the changing of colors symbolizing Christ's triumph over hades.





On Pascha Cam worked. Ugh! If you remember...we celebrate our Pascha service in the middle of the night. It begins at 11:00 PM. After all these years I truly do not understand WHY we have to have the service at this crazy hour. At least these boys look awake and so handsome! They were way more excited than I was.

Little Sister....not so happy...or perky.


Little brother was very tired but perked up for the service.


Oh! Sis perked up too after a wee nap.


It really wasn't the same without Cam. We all missed him. I REALLY missed him when it was time to drive home at 3:00 AM. I had a moment of true and deep appreciation for him. In all these decades I have never had to drive home. Wow. Sorta felt sheepish that I had never realized that before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...