Friday, October 20, 2017

Tuba surgery



Look at this sweet pic of Tuba. He is saying smell the flowers. I love that about him. His gentle innocence reminds us to slow down and take time to smell the flowers. 

Last spring he began having lots of seizures again. We instantly took him in and sure enough the darn  VNS battery had died. They scheduled surgery right away and got the unit replaced. 

Cam stayed home with the kids and I took Tuba into the city for surgery. He was NOT thrilled to be in the car before sun up heading to the hospital. He wasn't sure what was up but has experienced this enough to know it wasn't going to be fun. 

He was so nice and cooperative and charmed all of the hospital staff. And even held my hand. 


He was pretty sleepy after surgery. The amazing staff let me meet him in phase one recovery so he wouldn't be scared. He slept and bit and as soon as he woke up he spent some time playing on his iPad. 


Once home he was happy, happy, happy to eat! 


It took him a couple of days to get back to normal. So he laid around and snuggled on the sofa. 


And thankfully the seizures subsided after about a month. 


1 comment:

  1. I love those pictures of Tuba! He's the sweetest person I know and I love him.
    Nana XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...