This dresser has been around for quite a while. When I was a kid it was given to us as part of a bedroom set. My sister and mom both used the pieces. Around the time Tuba was born I got the pieces. After all that use the dresser was in need of refinishing. I measured it and called two different companies for bids. I was shocked to hear bids of $500.00-$900.00 to refinish it!!!! I would do it myself but I was afraid of the chemicals since I'm pregnant. I wasn't sure how I was going to get it done when my WONDERFUL hubby came up with a plan! He needed some paperwork/phone calls done and he was willing to trade refinishing the dresser for me doing the paperwork/phone calls! Win-Win:) The finished product looks amazingly nice. It cost about $90.00 for all the supplies...stripper, scraper, gloves, sand paper, plastic, stain, sealer, and brushes. Now we have all the things and enough stuff left over to do more projects. I spent part of the day yesterday buffing the hardward. Watching me buff brass was giving hubby terrible Army days flashbacks. I then had so much fun filling the drawers with baby clothes. One half for baby boy and one half for baby girl. I put a changing pad on top and it's all ready for sweet babies!
Our newest pet....Mocha!