Monday, October 13, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

While reading a blog this week I stumbled upon this great thing...The Simple Woman's Daybook. I'm not a simple woman, I would like to live a more simple life. I would like to quiet my soul and focus on the simple things in my life. I think this will be a nice way to reflect on those simple things that bring me joy. I will be doing this on my blog each Monday.



FOR TODAY OCTOBER 13, 2008

Outside My Window...it is dark, cloudy and rainy. The leaves are turning and beginning to fall. The beautiful green of my yard looks so pretty with the wet leaves. There are a few toys scattered around the yard...leftovers from the last sunny day we played outside.

I am thinking...of how many things I have to do but trying to remind myself to stay in the moment. Enjoy each moment and try not to think too far ahead...that is what I tell myself.

I am thankful...for the love I have in my life. For the friendship I have in my hubby. For the snuggles and kisses from my kids.

From the kitchen...I have hot dogs de-frosting. We'll have left over chili over hot dogs and corn bread for dinner. Yum...what a good Fall dinner. It's one that everyone will like plus I get to use up leftovers too. I hate to waste food.

I am wearing...my nightgown and bare feet...yes, it's 10:14 am and I'm still in my nighty. So nice! Hubby is home today and I need a relaxing morning to catch up on housework...and blogging too:)

I am creating...order and storage. I bought 5 plastic bins...one for each kid. I'm going to put all of their saved art work, mementos and such into each bin today. I made labels with their names for the bins. I can stack them and easily sort and store each child's items. My keepsake drawer is getting too full so this will be nice to organize everything.

I am going...to Costco today. I need diapers, wipes and some food too. I feel blessed and a little sicken and overwhelmed every time I enter Coscto. The abundance of food and supplies I can afford and that is available to me is overwhelming. I'm grateful.

I am reading...How Even Broke His Head. It's really good. The main character has intractable seizures just like our Tuba.

I am hoping...to have some down time with my hubby today to sit and visit and drink a cup of tea.

I am hearing...the dryer and the buzz of the computer...I'm so noise sensitive that I'm probably the only person on Earth who hears their computer. I also hear the classical music in the kitchen that hubby has playing. I hear hubby and Busy Guy and Mr. P upstairs. They are snuggling in Tuba's bed and talking. So sweet.

Around the house...is my pumpkin collection. I enjoy getting it out each year. Remembering where I got each pumpkin or who gave it to me.

One of my favorite things...getting my house in order so I can sit and enjoy my babies and boys. I love to sit in the warm living room and visit with my family. Or...sit and read while I nurse Baby George.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I want to go pick up my newly framed photo of our kids. I took the photo of all 5 lying in my bed and had it framed for my bedroom. Tuba has his pre-op on Thurs. and then surgery on Fri. I'm praying that his seizures stay away and that his surgery goes well.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

It's called Mr. Sand Head

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...