Sunday, October 19, 2008

Tuba...


..is doing well. He was pretty nauseated after surgery and threw up a lot. He recovered well at home on Friday. By the end of the day you wouldn't even know he had surgery that day. When you ask him where his "owie" is at he looks all over his body and then sort of shrugs. The kid has an amazingly high pain tolerance. He has an incision about 4 in. long with 18 big stitches in it and he isn't bothered a bit. I just took the bandage off and put antibiotic ointment on it and a new bandage. YUCK...it looks owie to me. He has had a couple of big seizures every day. The VNS will be turned up to full strength at his follow up appointment in 2 weeks. I'm praying he will return to mostly seizure free days.

I know I've written about this before but each time I take Tuba to Children's Hospital it makes me so thankful. Thankful that my sweet boy is doing well. I see so many sick children at the hospital. It's hard to see so many young children suffering. It's harder to see the pain on the parent's faces. I am thankful for the medical care that Tuba and all of these sick children are receiving. I pray for the medical staff doing such a tremendous job caring for these children.
I pray for the children and for their families. I tell you...if you are ever having a pity pot day...just take a visit to your local Children's Hospital and you'll feel blessed.

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. I think the same thing every time I am in with Pipo.

    So glad Tuba is doing well... handsome boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went well! We're thinking of you guys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...