Thursday, May 14, 2009

City Girl Goes Country?

I was born in the same city where we currently live. I'm a city girl...you could probably tell by my latest snake story! I love the schools here and I have always loved living in this city. But....lately I've been dreaming of country life...farms...acres of grass...quiet (well, at least quiet from outside the house;).

On Mother's Day we went to eat breakfast at a little country place near our church. Half the kids were asleep so Cam dropped me off with a couple kids to get a table and then took a little drive to let the little ones have a bit of a nap before eating. When he returned he said he had found a great house for sale. Well, we are not in the market for a house...he's in grad school for another year. But, we went and looked at it after eating.

It was empty so that meant we could peep in all the windows and get a good look! Wow! 5 bedrooms, family room, living room, nice remodeled kitchen, big deck, huge yard, quiet and gorgeous views!!! It's in the country near our church and many of our friends' homes. Also, I hear good things about the school district and my good friend teaches at the elementary where Mr. P would start next year.

So, now we are making some big decisions. We have an agent coming today to look at our house and see if we can list it and make an offer on the other. I'm very conflicted...I know...what else is new? Decisions aren't my best! But, I really have been praying about this and have the attitude of if it's God's will then it will work out.

I already listed all the positives of the new house. The things on the con list are: It's in a flood zone. Yah, that's a big con. But, the house has been there for 35 years and the flood waters have never gotten into the home. This last year's flood was worse than just about any recorded flood and it was fine for the house...so that's good...but you never know! We would of course have flood insurance. The only other con is that it not my absolute dream house but I do like enough things about it to make it work. The kitchen is a bit small although it's all brand new! And the dining area needs some re-working and they put laminate flooring in the living room...yuck! But overall it's nice and fits our growing family.

The boys are thrilled and all want their own room...a dog...a trampoline...a garden...a dog...to ride the bus...a dog...to build a fort in the huge tree....and a dog.

I'll keep you posted on our progress. The offer would be contingent upon our house selling. So, if you think we should make a move to the country...pray for us:)


Front of house.


Front Yard


View from kitchen window


View from back deck and living room.




Living room. I'd have built in book cases built around the fireplace and paint the brick....and remove the old wood stove.


Family room on lower level with patio and view.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my! Sounds awesome! And I'm particular to smooth floors - hate carpet especially now that I'm potty training again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Becky. We'll be praying hard at the Wise House!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go country!! I will be praying for you guys. Growing up like I did was the best. We played hard and worked hard! I love that area. My good friend grew up there and we went to breakfast at that little cafe all the time. Even though Ryan and I have a beautiful house I can't wait to get some property. Pray that my dad will sell us 5 acres...he is being a stinker about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The views are amazing! And I sure would love to have your kids at my school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I you would like Jamie and I will come out and help you set up a garden, compost, water barrels watering system, fruit trees, chicken coop, tree house...

    Uhm, clearly we are craving some acreage of our own...;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...