Thursday, December 1, 2011

Trim the Tree

The rest of Thanksgiving weekend we worked off our turkey by decking the halls. We have always wanted to go get our tree the day after Thanksgiving. Well, this year we did it. I'll let ya know closer to Christmas how that works out....could be kind of a dry tree. Eeeks.
We had a great time decorating our tree. I did the lights. Of course. Cam remarked that he did them one year but I didn't like them. True. But in my defense they were strung like telephone wires. :) Okay, I'm picky and it matters to me so I'm the one who puts them up. Ornaments were fast and furious! Whew. All the kids were chomping to get them on the tree. I could barely unwrap them fast enough. I did set aside my Radko glass ornaments to do myself. And...yes, I rearranged lots of the kid ornaments. Why? Do you like the look of 10 ornaments on the end of one branch? If so then do I have the team for you!
Over the rest of the weekend we ate leftovers (yum) and got the house all decked. We also took the kids for the annual Santa photo. Yeah! Decking the halls early plus getting the Santa photo done means lots of free time without the mental checklist in my head. Now it's onto shopping. We'll be doing it all online...in our pj's...while drinking wine and sitting by the fire and enjoying our tree. God bless the Internet! Missing from my fabulous weekend was shopping. you could pay me to go out on Black Friday. Blech! To those who want to stand in lines in the freezing cold for hours I say to each his/her own YOU ARE CRAZY!! I'll take family snuggled up by the tree with a piece of pie. Mmmmmm.

1 comment:

  1. I too love shopping on line for EVERYTHING! But a word of advice from someone who's done it "be careful not to drink too much wine and then shop!" Can't tell you how many times I've said "why did I buy that?!" - LOL

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...