Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Give

Here's is my sweet funny Baby. He's modeling what all the elves are wearing this year. ;)

I have such a blessed, such a plentiful life. Cam kept asking me what I want for Christmas. I was wracking my brain. I could come up with a couple of things but nothing really stuck out at me. I realized it's because I have EVERYTHING in the world that I could need or want. I'm spoiled. I suggested to Cam that we buy a goat. Not a goat for us...although the thought of not having to mow the lawn sounds good. I suggested we buy a goat for a family in Africa.

Immediately Cam was on board. He was thrilled. I got online to World Vision and started to look at what we could get. Right away I saw a package of 5 ducks. It brought tears to my eyes. Perfect! 5 ducks from my 5 sweet babies. I started reading the list of items to Cam. I wanted to give a micro loan for a woman to start a business but Cam really wanted to buy a goat. Well, can we do both, he asked me. Yes! We can! I love this man who is so giving and loving not only to me and our children but to those in need.

In less than 5 minutes I had made the purchases. World Vision sent me beautiful cards detailing the gifts. I'm wrapping them up and putting them under the tree for our kids to see on Christmas morning. Sharing the joy of giving is the best gift.

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! And a great way to instill giving in your children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! And a great way to instill giving in your children!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...