Thursday, March 12, 2015

Art Docent

This year I volunteered to be the Art Docent in Mr. P's 5th grade classroom. I am not an artist but I decided to step out of my comfort zone and do it. I'm so glad I did!!

It has been SO FUN!! The kids are a great group!! I teach one lesson per month. Mr. P helps me choose what I will teach. I wanted to share what we've done so far. I'm so impressed!! 

Lego Person:

The kids each made a Lego person of themselves. The head is squarish, the body trapezoid, legs rectangles and the hands claw like. They had to add details that represent their interests and style. They used pencil to draw it out and then colored it in using markers. They background had to be filled in also using a bold pattern. They turned out amazing!!




1 comment:

  1. Clever! Which one is Mr. P's? Love the one winking. Those 5th graders have a lot of talent.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...