Monday, November 17, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


You too can participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY November 17th, 2008

Outside my window...are beautiful bright yellow and gold leaves covering the patio. The weather is lovely, mild and clear.


I am thinking...about my upcoming birthday. I want a new chair for the livingroom and I'm trying to decide what to get (I mean...what to ask for;). I got a new sofa, chair and ottoman last winter but the room needs a second chair. Decisions, decisions.


I am thankful for...the good nature of my sweet Baby George. He is the EASIEST baby ever. He is so mellow and all smiles. He was doing his first big belly laughs yesterday. What a precious gift.


From the kitchen...I'm thinking of making Martha Mac and Cheese. It's a Martha Stewart recipe and it's the yummiest mac and cheese in the world. It depends if Cam gets home today in time for me to make it. It's A LOT of cheese to grate and takes longer to make than the average dinner I've been making lately.


I am wearing...jeans and a sweater...socks too. I know, What? I'm actually dressed today. Had a shower, blow dried my hair, put on make-up too. Cam offered to go out for breakfast. Nothing like food to get me up, ready and out the door.


I am creating...the kids and I made a paper chain of thankful items. Each night at dinner we add a few links to the chain. By Thanksgiving it should be really long.


I am going...to run to the store later today. Patrick is the snack person this Wed. and I need to get the drink and napkins.


I am reading...my book club selection I See You Everywhere. Not really loving this book but I'm getting through it.


I am hoping...to get my holiday shopping started this week. I'm very excited about Christmas this year. Dreaming of all the girly things I want to get Lydia. Plus...her 1st birthday is just days after Christmas!!!


I am hearing...Mr. P playing video games, Baby George slurping on his fingers...so sweet.


Around the house...are everyone's socks. Why do my boys (hubby included) leave socks all over the place? I will think of it as a nice reminder of the great people I live with;)


One of my favorite things...A tall single shot non-fat latte with a package of raw sugar.


A few plans for the rest of the week...Play group with some girlfriends and kiddos on Thurs. Out to dinner on a DATE on Friday...YIPEE. Saturday is a big pre-Thanksgiving get together with MIL's friends...super fun. A fun week with lots of fellowship. Just what I need and love


Here is picture thought I am sharing.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, you're not enjoying the pink and frilly side of life too much, huh? She is just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your baby! Sounds like a fun and busy week ahead. Sweet pic!

    ~Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Girl!
    Miss you..it's really really crazy here.
    The kids are starting school TOMORROW, I'm so so sad, they are so so happy, except Liam,he says he's gonna cry cause he will miss me.
    How are you?
    love love
    -S

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful little princess!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...