Saturday, February 7, 2009

A New Day


Today is a new day. Yesterday was a hard day. Cranky babies...cranky and stressed mommy...cranky husband. It was a day that the rhythm just seemed off. I'm grateful for today...for a new start. I'm grateful for my kids who forgive me my shortcomings...ie: crabby short tempered bad parenting. I went to bed (as I do many nights) exhausted and feeling bad about various things said or done. But, I awoke today ready to have a fresh start...to work harder...to smile more...play more...be more patient. I have this great prayer taped to my monitor. I read it this morning as I often do.

Oh, give me patience when tiny hands tug at me with their small demands. And give me gentle and smiling eyes; Keep my lips from sharp replies. And let not fatigue, confusion or noise keep me from sharing my child's new found joys. And most of all, help me to look above when at times I think I have no love. For You have promised to bear my load as these precious lives unfold.

So, after nap time the boys and I are making Valentine cards...glitter and glue and pink and red hearts. My favorite holiday! It's going to be a good day.

As for Busy Guy's tooth. The dentist said the abscess is popping and draining out the front...I know...EWWW! It gets big and then pops and then starts over. He said we could leave it since it does pop and drain or we can have the tooth taken out. We are opting to have the tooth out. Cam doesn't like the idea of an infection so close to the sinus/brain and I don't like the idea of a chronic infection and the effects on the immune system. I wonder too how much pain it causes him? As sad as I am I think it's best to have the tooth out and the infection gone. He will go in next week (yet to be scheduled) to have it done...AND Cam will be taking him!!! Busy Guy is all excited...as the Tooth Fairy will come and bring him a gift. We'll see if he still LOVES the dentist after next week:)

2 comments:

  1. Thank goodness for new days, huh!!!! I've thanked God many many times for do-vers myself :)
    Good Luck with the toothie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Goodness it was "had a bad day" and not "had a bad week, month, year!" And never, ever, "had a bad life." The hardest times are when everyone has a bad day at the same time! Yuck. I like your inspiration prose. Sometimes, when having a bad day I would go outside and starting a thanking prayer "Thank you for my life. Thank you for my family. Thank you for the rain, clouds, sun, wind, etc." Or, sometimes I would sit in the car and eat a candy bar ALL BY MYSELF. Love you so much.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...