Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Rollin'


My MIL had the best suggestion. She says I should get a motor home to drive around so that the babies can have naps/snacks as needed while I do the daily drop off/pick up from schools. I've seriously put some thought...well, daydream anyway...into this idea. I could have a Mobile-Mom Unit! It would be the coolest...and I could retreat to it in the driveway when things get all crazy...you know that time of day...for some R&R time;) I'd fill it with magazines, my favorite candy, ipod dock, warm socks, snugly blankets....wine bar...Okay, I know I've gotten off track with my daydreaming...again.

Anyway, this is what our schedule looks like this year.

Mon. - Wed. (Thurs. and Fri. are the same except no pre-school)

6:30 Tuba up, breakfast, dressed, brushed.

7:00 Tuba on bus, and onto breakfast for other kids

7:30-10:15 chores, play time, brush teeth, bathe, get dressed

10:15 snack time

10:30 naps for babies, quiet time for big boys (tv/computer/video time, then books)

11:45 lunch for big boys

12:00 leave for school

12:15 drop off Busy Guy at pre-school

12:40 drop off Mr. P at K

12:55 Lunch for babies, play at home, run errands, etc.

2:00 meet Tuba's bus

2:30 leave for pick-up

2:45 pick up BG

3:25 pick up Mr. P

3:45 home, play, visit with kids

4:00 start dinner

5:00 dinner

5:30-7:00 play, clean up, baths, prep for school.

7:00 Babies to bed

7:00-7:30 books, prayers, songs, stories for big boys,

7:30 Day is done...except one more drink of water/potty run...etc.:)
All in all it's going really well! I like the flow...it's a lot to remember. I'm thinking I might need an alarm...or multiple alarms to remember all the times but I am enjoying the school year so far...so good!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, is all I can say! You are my hero. I do like the idea of the Mobile Mom Unit.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just READING your schedule made me tired. And you didn't include soccer, gymnastics, doctor appts. or church! I think your idea of multiple alarms might be a good idea. I mean, they have "school bells" to switch everyone from one place to another. You could have a "home bell" Something pleasant sounding or maybe your fav song(s) come on only louder. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So when do you blog?! You're amazing...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...