Monday, April 20, 2015

Island Time

On Friday of our Spring Break...which was now so long ago I fear I'll never catch up with posting...we took a ferry ride to our favorite island.

First stop was our fav pizza place. It's SO good. The marinara sauce is divine...a religious experience. I order a side of it to pour over my pizza. AND...the kids and Cam know to order their own 'cause I'm not sharing!!

A walk on the beach is always needed after pizza.



The weather was rainy with intermittent sun breaks. We wanted to explore a new town but as we arrived the rain was beginning to pour. We headed indoors to a fun wine shop, coffee shop. I bought two yummy homemade pies while Cam pursued the wine shop and made a few purchases. 

As we came out the rain stopped so we decided to hike to the top of the hill. You can see the water on both sides of the island from the top. It was beautiful!! 


We live in a beautiful part of the world!! Rain...yes....but it makes everything so green and lush.


The fab five!!


And the terrific two!


Back where we parked there were art galleries and a cheese shop. Such fun!


And...there was this lovely pond and an Audubon platform overlooking a preserve. We saw so many beautiful birds.


It was a magical day full of good food, sunshine, rain clouds, and new adventures. Oh, and all my loves!

2 comments:

  1. There have been some collage art shows at that place! (and yep, Keith bought art, won a prize and Sue bought wine at the wine shop) I have such wonderful memories of my own young adulthood and also my young parenthood at Whidby island. Your photos are (as usual) wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to that pizza restaurant, I'll have to give it a try adding extra marinara sauce ...sounds so good. We like the bistro across the street, it has the best hamburgers. Yum!
    Wonderful photos and another fun day with the Fab 5 and Terrific Two!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...