Friday, August 31, 2007

I Love Routine


I thrive on routine and because of this, Fall is my favorite time of year. I can't wait for school to start (only 5 more days for the oldest and 10 more for the pre-schooler!!!). I love school, I loved it as a child and I still love it. It's no wonder I became a teacher? I love getting the school supplies, new school clothes and getting the house in order. I love seeing all of the projects my kids make at school. I love laying down with them at night and listening to the days events. I can't wait to have some quieter one-on-one time with baby guy. I've been "purging" and cleaning out the house. I'm much more a Fall cleaner than a Spring cleaner. The garage is full of bags to go to charity. I'm itching for the leaves to turn, to get my jeans and sweaters out and to get into "casserole" season. I've got my down comforter ready for the cleaners too. I want my favorite shows to start their new season. I want to get out my pumpkin/gourd collection. I want to make apple butter and smell it cooking on the stove. I'm so excited for the routine that the school year brings.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a fall girl, too. I love the fall weather and the change of seasons (although it's not quite the same in IL as it was in New England!)
    I'm looking forward to two mornings a week alone with Baby T as well!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are crazy! I am mourning summer seriously here!

    But Jane, I'll take lots of New England fall pics for ya if you want ;)

    And I love, love, love apple butter!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...