Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The Ugly got Uglier

Oh man! First, I have to say that I have a serious addiction to my computer! I haven't been able to check my email or use my computer for 2 days! I did call my mom and give her my password so she could check my email and make sure I wasn't missing anything important. I had a reminder to pay the mortgage (sent to me by me).....good thing I had her check! The last two days have been filled with visits from the water restoration crew and the insurance adjuster. There was water throughout my sew room, the laundry room, and into the family room. The water crew ripped out the sew room carpet (the rest of it), moved the washer, ripped up half of the family room carpet and set up GIANT heaters, fans and de-humidifiers. The have been blew non-stop from Mon-about 2 hours ago. Thank goodness they are gone! It was a lovely 90+ degrees in the downstairs which is directly below our bedrooms. The last two nights of sleeping have not been pleasant! Not to mention the entire area is ripped up and all furniture moved. Now the next step is getting the guy here who will put the carpet back down, put the trim back, clean the carpet. Then, Sat. a guy is coming to give me a bid on new flooring for the sew room and laundry room. The insurance will pay for new carpet but not new vinyl. They say the vinyl can be re-glued! I'm fighting this as some of the vinyl shrunk from the heaters. It is really old and needs to go. We are going to put in Marmoleum. It's so durable and doesn't have any off-gassing and no pollutants! I can't wait for it to be done and show the "after" pictures:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...