Monday, August 27, 2007

St. Moses of Ethiopia





Moses was a runaway slave and the leader of a band of robbers. When trying to plunder a monastery, he was converted by the abbot, and stayed on as a monk. He was ordained a priest in his old age and founded a monastery in the desert of Egypt, which grew to 75 monks. He foresaw his own death by a party of raiders. He sent the monks out into hiding. Some tried to urge him to hide as well, but he said it was right that he should die by violence since he had committed violence. (Matt. 26:52) Only six remained with him in the monastery. They were all run through with swords. St. Moses lived in the 4th century.


Today, August 28th is a VERY special day in our house. Baby guy arrived home one year ago today. He has blessed our family immeasurably. August 28th is also St Moses of Ethiopia's patron saint day. Before baby guy came home we had planned to give him the baptismal name of Gabriel. When I received my travel itinerary I sent it to my priest so he would know when I would be leaving. He emailed me backing saying, "You return home on the Patron Saint Day of Moses the Ethiopian. I do not think that is a coincidence!". We agreed, and happily decided to give baby guy the baptismal name of Moses!


Here are some pictures of one year ago today.



6 comments:

  1. Wow, it hardly seems likes its been a year already! May God grant you many more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! Time sure has flown by!! I'm so glad we have our boys home! Hope you are all doing well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful year it’s been! What a blessing Baby Guy is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much love to the baby guy! I can't believe how much child #2 has grown and changed this year. We love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Becky! I remember seeing those pictures (probably on AAI's snapfish) when you came home because we had just accepted our referral and were desperate to find pics of our kids. I can't believe it's been a year already! Congratulations to you all!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. This year has flown by but it seems like Baby Guy has always been with us. He is such a joy to everyone. We have been so blessed by him. I don't want him to grow up so fast but with his older brothers he can do so many things for his age that it is scary sometimes. Thank you St Moses...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...