Monday, December 15, 2008

Sledding Fun

We are having the coldest weather in 10 years...plus snow! Usually when it snows here it melts the next day. Not this time. It's frozen solid and more snow is predicted later this week. The boys were begging me to go out and play and initially I said "No...I'm too whimpy...it's too cold...etc". But, then I thought..."life is short...they're only little for such a short time...don't be a whimp". I got all dressed and surprised them outside. Cam, Mr. P, Busy Guy and I went sledding in our driveway. One of us would be the look-out in the road (nobody was out on the road driving but just to be safe) and we took turns sledding. Whhhhheeeeeeeeeeee...It was so much fun. I haven't laughed so much in ages. You can't really tell from the photos but our drive-way is really steep so were really flying. We'd end up across the street in the neighbors yard. Hiking up and down the drive kept us toasty warm too. In case you wondered...babies were napping and Tuba was at school.

Busy Guy flying down the slope.

Papa and Mr. P practicing a new way to ride.

We started out with this little sled and then went up the street to K-Mart and bought a new one. It was faster and so much fun.

Mama and Mr. P getting ready for some fun.

5 comments:

  1. That is so fun! I always say no too and then think its sad that I don't go out with them... thanks for being a good example for me!
    Happy belated bday to you youngin'. I hit 40 this summer, ugh, it's not too bad, just feels weird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! We are being hit by several winter storms right now so maybe I'll get to go sledding tomorrow. If you still have snow early next week can I come over and go sledding too?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a blast! we are waiting for it to warm up here so we can get out and play! have fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have so many wonderful sledding memories - both as a child and as a parent! Hopefully I'll get some grandma-sledding memories in, too. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun! I am amazed... I know that sicking snow is rare there. We just got our first snow today, the kdis are ecstatic!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...