Tuba, sweet Tuba. He loves babies. He loves his cousin!!
I have so much Tuba news!! I had his IEP (Individual Education Plan) meeting last week. I met with his teacher, speech therapist, physical therapist, school counselor, school psychologist, and vice principal. It was so great to hear all about the improvements that Tuba has made at school. The reported that his behavior has been excellent!! Yipee! He is well liked by all the kids and by the staff. Of course!
Some of the things the teacher had to report to me blew me away! I didn't even know Tuba could do these things.
1. He can count to over 50.
2. He can match numbers 1-12
3. He is learning to tell time using a digital clock. He can say hour number most of the time.
4. He has his student number memorized and can punch it in on a key pad. Wow! They said he sometimes transposes two of the numbers but then corrects himself! Wow!
5. He can write his name with hand over hand assistance. He is very good at the first two letters and can do those with help.
6. And....he was at home drawing on the chalkboard and he turned to me and spelled his name out loud!! Now, his nickname is Tuba but his official name is 6 letters and he got them all right. It was so exciting! I had him do it again and again. He did it for all his siblings, and grandma and Papa! Wow!! So awesome!!
More excitement too! The Honor Society at Tuba's high school is putting on a prom for Tuba's class! So fun! It is this Saturday night....which is also Holy Pascha. A local formal wear shop is giving each boy a free tux rental. Nice! I took Tuba on Friday to pick out his tux. Man oh man was he excited. He had numerous vests picked out and kept changing his mind. He kept pointing and calling out the colors. He chose red! He picked his tux style and is all set. When we left the store with nothing in hand he was miffed...to say the least! Ha! The prom will be dinner and dancing from 6:30-9:00. Then he will get to wear his tux to Pascha! Life could NOT get better for Tuba. I'm thinking we will have to rent him a tux every year from now on. I can't wait to see him beaming and singing his heart out!
It's Holy Week which means we have lots going on with church services. I'm taking lots of pics so I can post them later. Have a wonderful week everyone!