Friday, October 5, 2012

Why Blog

 
 
I have limited time in my day. Sometimes I wonder if I should be taking time to blog. Maybe I should be cleaning, organizing or gasp, playing with the kids.

I continue to blog because I like to write on my blog. That's funny to say because really I do not like to write at all and would rather do hundreds of algebra problems than write even one small essay. But, writing on my blog is different. There is no grade, no red-ink corrections, no limitations. And there are comments...only positive ones. You can't beat that.

I must tell you that I do worry about my grammar. By the time I carve out a few minutes to put a blog post together and add some photos (on a horrid old barely working computer) I don't have time to edit. I just spell check and hit publish. Sigh. I know it is not great writing. But, that keeps me from worrying and obsessing which would make me not like doing it anymore. I get to just throw my thoughts out there. No pressure. Sorry for you red pen teacher types (ironically I'm one of them) who notice all of my errors.

Also, I like to share with others. Share my family, my struggles, my successes. Plus, it's a nice way to keep track of my rapidly changing kids. I had the first year of my blog's posts published into a book. It's just a paperback thing but the kids and Cam really enjoy sitting and looking at it. I plan to do this with the others years too. It was about $60.00 to have it done.

I also like to read blogs. I keep up with the ones listed on my sidebar and a few others. I like each of the blogs for different reasons. My favorite blogs give me parenting advice or inspiration, share their faith, show me their family, make me laugh, make me cry, give me ideas, tempt me with recipes and generally teach me something while providing a nice mental escape.

Do you read blogs? Which ones are your favorites and why? Do you blog? What do you like most about blogging? Why do you continue to do it? Or what would you like to read more of on my blog?

2 comments:

  1. I only read your blog and I love, love, love it. I don't always leave a comment and went through a long time frame where my comments wouldn't go through so I gave up. But all is well now! I think your writing is beautiful and insightful so don't be so hard on yourself. As one of the distance challenged grandparents, I check your blog every day. I also steal many of your pictures for my desktop at work so I can look at your beautiful babies and your family through out my day at work. It keeps me sane somedays and makes me feel like a lucky woman to have you all in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read my family blogs and also a blog from one of the women at my church...and, sometimes I cruise the blogs of other writers. But, mostly for me reading your blog keeps me up with your family. And yes, we may be physically close but that doesn't mean I live in your kitchen...nore you in mine. So thank you for the blogs and I know your family will adore having the "keeping track" publications after they are grown.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...