Thursday, July 17, 2014

4th of July 2014

We had a wonderful time on the 4th. I love the 4th of July!

This year we hosted the party since we had house guests. We attended the parade in our town. I love the parade....my favorite are the marching bands. My little niece loved the music too! She danced and jumped all around. Sis had so much fun with a girl in the house. They really bonded and played ALL day long. 



Another part of the parade I like is when a very somber moment. People carry large banners with photos of men and women killed in the recent conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan. The soldiers are from town in our state. It is horrific and so sad to see all those young faces.

I am very proud of my kids. They stand silently and observe. They know to stand up and remove their hats....and put their hands on their hearts. 



Whoops.....George does have his hat on here. After snapping this shot I reminded him to remove it. 


Mr. P and my niece had so much fun together. 


George found a good spot to hold his flag. 


Tuba was cantankerous! Crabby. We went to get everyone drinks....it's our yearly tradition. But, the line was extremely long. After waiting about 20 min. we abandoned the line and bought kettle corn instead. Tuba sat eating (hogging) the kettle corn....crabbily. Oh well.


As we left the parade I asked Cam to take a photo of me with the kids. I'm the photo taker in the family which means that I'm often MIA in the photos. 


Oooops!! I actually didn't take any photos of Cam at the parade!! Sorry! My bad!

After the parade we regrouped at home, my nieces napped (oh gosh how I miss those days), and we hung out. 

Then we had a nice big BBQ. Grilled chicken, coleslaw, potato salad, baked beans, guacamole and chips, veggies/dip, and fruit pie for dessert! Delicious! This is one of the reasons I love the 4th! Best food ever!

My biggest regret....I didn't set up my tripod and get a group shot!! Ugh!! I need my family to remind me to do that next time!!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...