Friday, April 11, 2008

Great Book

I just finished reading No Place Left To Bury The Dead by Nicole Itano. It was very good. I learned so much about the AIDS crisis in Africa and in particular the struggles to get ARV's to the people. It focuses on stories of families in the countries of Lesotho, South Africa and Botswana. I highly recommend this book!

On the home front everything is going well. We've been blessed to receive many new pictures of our sweet baby girl. She looks healthy and is smiling in many of the photos. I am now 26 weeks and getting pretty big and round;) My MIL bought me a really cute dress to wear for Pascha. Yes, she is the BEST MIL...even fun to shop with. My feet are starting to swell so I'm hoping our weather gets warmer and I can move to flip flops for the rest of the pregnancy. Today I'm taking Tuba to the dental clinic at our Children's Hospital. He needs to be put under, have x-rays and a cleaning. Today I think they will just be looking and then setting up the rest for another appt. It will be nice to spend some one-on-one time with him. After the appt. I'll take him to gymnastics. Hubby will stay home and PLAY with the little boys....they have the schedule stacked for him!!! This morning Mr. P wanted to know why Papa was still sleeping since he was going to play with him ALL DAY:) Hubby is off of work tonight...a rarity for a Friday. It always makes me feel like we are on vacation and should do something fun. I think it will be fun to come home and have dinner ready (not cooked by me)...I'll have to add that to hubby's busy schedule today.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Becky,
    Thanks for the giardia support. What did you do to treat it and for how long?
    I am glad to read that you are no longer too stressed about the travel/delivery coinciding. God is in control! I am praying!
    Tomorrow we will find out if our agency is willing to help us bring a 7 yr old girl home that we fell in love with who needs medical care. Please pray for us. I have to trust as we just don't have the $20k right now... God is a God of miracles and I am trusting too!
    I am exicited to see the book you recommended. I will go onto my library site and reserve it. Have you read 28:Stories of AIDS in Africa by Stephanie Nolen? I loved that too. I learned so much and tell everyone about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so bummed, I just typed out a long comment and lost it! Ugh, I was thanking you for your giardia support and asked you how you all treated it and for how long? Also, wanted you to know how happy I am that you are now less stressed about the delivery and travel happening at the same time. I was asking for your prayers too as we will find out tomorrow if our agency is going to make an exception and help us to bring home an 7 - 8 year old girl who we fell in love with while we were there. She needs to see a doctor for her thyroid and we are begging God to make this happen.
    I also thanked you for the book recommendation and asked you if you had read 28: Stories of AIDS in Africa by Stephanie Nolen. It is a great book too!
    God bless you and all of yours,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...