Thursday, September 4, 2008

Vacation

We just returned from a glorious...yet short 3 day vacation to the Oregon Coast. We love Rockaway Beach. We stayed in a beach house right on the beach with an amazing ocean view. The boys all played in the surf...well not Baby George. Lydia loved being in the backpack on Papa's back while he played with the big boys in the surf. I loved sitting in the sand with Baby George and watching the fun. We took a long walk on the beach too. The weather was THE best it's ever been on the coast for our vacation. It was warm and no wind with lots of sunshine. We went out for a yummy dinner and I had crab. You should have seen the boys' faces when my plate arrived with a whole crab on it! They about died. "Mom, it has eyes!". I guess they still don't know about the chicken and steak on our dinner table?
Lots of time to snuggle.

The boys got to sleep together and loved it.

Lydia's favorite place on Papa's back.
Watching the sunset...gorgeous.

Tuba watching the sunset....and begging to go back down to the beach.
Playing in the sand.






4 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! I grew up in Rockaway Beach..I miss it! We moved to Canada when I was 12, and that's still 'home' to me in many ways. :) I'm glad you had a great vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I really wish I knew you were out there, and we could have coordinated a meeting. I would love to meet another "different" family! Love the pictures... makes me want to be back there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's such a blessing to be able to be able to share with your family because of the photos and messages I see on Gramma Sue's Laptop. Looking at your family brings back so many memories of my own big family and how, even now as a great-grandma, I hold those memories in my heart.

    Love, Great-gramma Phyl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, isn't that great? I commented back to you on my comments, but i can never figure out if i'm supposed to do that (how do people know to go back and read) or come to your blog and comment about YOUR comment-lol!) your pics are great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...