Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Works For Me

I've been to the gym 3 times this week...yeah! I actually am really enjoying it. It's so peaceful. Nobody needs anything from me...or at least can't get to me;) I am catching up on all of my unread magazines. I do love magazines. I walk on the treadmill and read away. If I have time I also do some ab work...yuck...and then stretch. I haven't been so good about my food though. I have been thinking about the things that really worked for me when I followed WW in the past. Here is a small list:
Soup-I make a veggie broth based soup every week. I put beans or lentils in it or sometimes ground turkey. I eat this for lunch every day. It's filling and helps me get all my veggie servings.
Apple-I eat one every day. You know what they say...An apple a day keeps the fat butt away...isn't that what they say?
Limit simple carbs-I stay away from white bread and other simple sugars. They don't keep me full. I eat lots of whole grains and things high in fiber. Fiber keeps you full and I HATE to be hungry.
Water-Drink at least 8 glasses a day. Keeps me feeling energetic and full too.
Don't get too hungry-If I go too long between meals I tend to overeat or eat the wrong things. I will eat some almonds, an apple, a cheese stick or a yogurt for a quick snack.
I know I need to get out my WW book and start writing down all my food intake and points value. Hopefully today I will have time (motivation) to get it out.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Becky--I love the Weight Watchers plan. I lost about 20 pounds a year or so ago with it. I love that you can eat real food and that you don't have to feel deprived! Also, I wanted to comment on your disco music . . . you're playing my theme music (I Will Survive, Hot Stuff, etc.)! Unfortunately, Gary says I've corrupted our daughter with my old disco albums. They didn't used to call me "Disco Dana" for nothin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Another disco fan. I do love my disco music. Cam says the same about me corrupting our kids:)
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...