Saturday, October 10, 2009

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I have had breast cancer on my mind a lot lately. I have two young beautiful cousins fighting the disease. My cousin K is 42 and just underwent a mastectomy. She was diagnosed 2 years ago, had treatment and is now cancer free. K's sister S is 40 and is currently being treated. She is doing well but still has a fight ahead of her. K, her 19 year old daughter, S and their little sister A are all BRCA2 positive. K's daughter and A are being monitored at this point. My sisters and I were lucky that our dad is not a carrier of this genetically passed gene. My dad's brother is a carrier.
I'm praying for a cure for my cousins as well as a complete cure for all women affected by breast cancer. As a reminder to all women...do your checks, get your mammograms, listen to your inner voice and talk with your Doctor when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...