Monday, February 4, 2008

8 Things

I saw this over at the wonderful blog http://buildingthark.blogspot.com/ and so enjoyed reading it I thought I'd give it a try.


8 things I'm passionate about...

1. My faith
2. My family
3. Doing what's right
4. Homemaking
5. Education
6. Character
7. Adoption
8. Health


8 things I want to do before I die...

1. Continually work towards being a better mom, wife and Christian
2. Go to Ethiopia with my hubby and kids to volunteer for a month
3. Encourage others to adopt
4. See the Grand Canyon
5. Volunteer at Children's Hospital
6. Watch my grandkids grow up
7. Go on a tropical vacation with my family
8. Make a difference in a child's life (other than my own children)


8 things I say often...

1. Wow!
2. Where's Baby Guy, What's he doing?
3. Get down! (to Baby Guy about 30 times a day)
4. I love you!
5. Please hurry
6. Is that talking/acting in a kind way to your brother?
7. Can you?(fill in the blank) said to hubby a million times a day.
8. Give me a kiss


8 TV shows I’ve recently watched...in no particular order

1. Oprah
2. Martha Stewart
3. Jakers (kiddo show)
4. Friends
5. News
6. Extreme Home Makover
7. CSI
8. Ugly Betty


8 songs I could listen to over and over

1. Amazing Grace
2. Fields of Gold-Eva Cassidy (bought and listened to this song when we found out about being pregnant with Mr. P. It always make me get all teary)
3. How Deep Is Your Love-Bee Gees (I love all Bee Gees...and all disco for that matter)
4. Disco Inferno-The Trammps (Nobody can be in a bad mood after listening to this song...well maybe my husband)
5. Same Old Lang Syne-Dan Folgerberg (just love this sappy song)
6. Independence Day-Martina McBride (Great housecleaning song...Gets you moving)
7. This One's For the Girls-Martina McBride (love this girl power song)
8. No Ordinary Love-Sade (our wedding song for our first dance)


8 things that attract me to my best friends...even my virtual ones!

1. Their faith.
2. Their laughter/sense of humor.
3. Their stories.
4. They share their sorrows as well as their joys.
5. They make me a better person by just knowing them.
6. They invite my family over, even when we bring ALL the kids!
7. The things they teach me or make me think about.
8. The yummy food they feed me.

8 things I’ve learned this past year (or previously, with a strong reminder this year)...

1. Life is full of surprises!
2. Things happen on God's timetable.
3. Persevere
4. Stand up for what you believe is right
5. Listen more, talk less
6. Take time to rest
7. Do not grow weary doing well (told to my hubby and I by a good and smart friend)
8. Laugh more and let the small stuff go....still working on that one!

1 comment:

  1. You did a great job! I love the things you say to/about Baby Guy!

    God Bless,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...