Thursday, February 21, 2008

Potty Training?

Warning: Talk of potty, poo-poo and details of such!
Well, I'm going to start potty training Baby Guy. He has been showing signs of being ready even though I wonder if he is too young? He'll be two next month. He likes to do EVERYTHING that Mr. P does so he already imitates him going to the tiolet. Baby Guy is telling me when he's gone poo-poo and points to his tushy. The other night after dinner he took off his clothes and diaper in anticipation for getting his pj's on. Then he ran out of the room for 2 seconds. When he came back into the kitchen he held up his finger to me and said, poo-poo. And....then he rubbed it across his head! I quickly snatched him up, told everyone to freeze where they were, and went looking for the poo-poo. I found a nice blop on the entryway floor with a big finger poke in it! I put Baby Guy in the tub for a good scrub. I told him, "When you have to go poo-poo you tell Mama and we'll go on the toilet...oh and don't put your finger in it". He replied, "Okay, Mom". I have sat him on the big potty and he tries to go but I need hubby to get the little potty chair out of the attic. Last night I found him naked in his crib. I don't know if he was going to go potty or if he was just having fun. He was in bed for about an hour and I could still hear him playing and talking. He started to fuss so I went in to lay him back down. It was pitch dark and I reached in to get him and SURPRISE...naked! He had worked very hard to get his one-piece zippered pj and diaper off! Good thing he didn't go potty before I found him. Well, I'll let you know how the potty training goes.

3 comments:

  1. When I read this I laughed and laughed. Yes, every mother has "potty" stories. My oldest would look me right in the eye and say "Potty Mommy" while it was running down her leg. Another kiddo would bring the potty chair to the livingroom, in order to no miss anything exciting going on.
    How fine it would be to have your Little guy "trained" before two more diaper-kids came along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!

    I must say I am glad to be done with that phase of life. It seemed like I was doing diapers forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! I am wondering when Baby T will show signs of this...not the strip tease and such, but the actual potty training...I haven't trained a boy in over a decade!

    God Bless,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...