Tuesday, July 1, 2008

From Home Today

I went to the Doctor today and he gave me an exam. He says I am 50% effaced and -1 station. I'm not feeling any labor pangs or any low pressure. So...next Tues. I have an appt. and he will schedule my inducement. Holy Cow! I know it's time but now I'm feeling like...wait a minute...that's kind of soon...yikes...this is really happening soon. Of course it's exactly what I've wanted and what the Dr. predicted so I don't know why I'm backpedalling now. It must be the thought of all those labor pains....ouch! Hubby and Lydia will be home Sun. night. We will be a family of 6 for Mon. and Tues. and then I'll be induced and we'll be a family of 7!!! How amazing is that? I don't know yet what day I'll be induced but the Dr. said probably Thurs. That will be 6 days before my due date...so not really too early. I've just never had a baby until I was a week overdue before. Plus, I think I'm still in denial that this is the end of the pregnancy. I was at the store today and 3 people said, "wow, you must be due really soon". So, I look ready too. Even with all the sickness and diabetes I'm still sad that this is the end and that this is our last pregnancy (unless hubby doesn't really go in for his big-V!!!). That's cracking me up...I can just see the look on people's face:0 I will miss feeling this little boy roll around in my belly and I really do like having such a big round tummy. It beats the heck out of the deflated balloon belly that I'll have after he comes out. It's a special time and experience. One that I will always treasure. I'm so happy to have gone through it 3 times. I better stop thinking about it now or I'll be sobbing soon. Tomorrow is my non-stress test. So far they have all been fine and my sugar levels have been good too. I'm not sleeping well at night...I think it's God's way of getting you ready to be up all night with a newborn;)

2 comments:

  1. So excited for your growing family! Praying hubby and baby come home safe and sound and for your new little guy to come out safe too:) Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am just so excited for you!!!!

    Thank you so much for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...