Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

My thoughts today are with all the military families. I'm missing my hubby so much and it's only been a week. I cannot imagine him being gone for months or years. The spouses who hold down the fort and keep the family going are truly heroes. May God bless them and give them comfort and guidance...and keep their loved one safe from harm.
Talked to hubby on the phone this morning. He is getting really anxious to come home. 24 more hours until his plane departs Addis. He is going to just hang around the hotel until it's time to go to the airport. I could hear Lydia in the background cooing and squealing. She had her bottle in her mouth and was trying to get her toes and hands in too. Hubby says she is spoiled already. If she's not being held then she will fuss. She wants to be held while sleeping and then hubby silently slides her off and into her bed. I wouldn't expect anything less from one of our babies!
Today we are going to our friend's house and to a parade with them. It will be nice to get out of the house and visit with friends. I'm getting a little lonely for adult company. I have apple pie in the oven cooking and it smells to yummy...so 4th of July!

1 comment:

  1. Happy 4th to you too, hope that you hang in there okay til hubby and sweet pea get home! My prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...