Tuesday, July 1, 2008

From Ethiopia Today

I talked to hubby on the phone today and also received an email from him. Here's what his email says.

Newt,
I am missing you and our children very much. Lydia is beautiful beyond words. You were right, this is a trip of a lifetime. There are many good and wonderful things here, the coffee, the beautiful people, the sense of community and hospitality are amazing. I am very happy to have come. Lydia has a fever with vomiting and the squirts. I made a quick trip to KM and then to a pharmacy to pick up more wipes and the Italian version of Pedialyte, along with a hard core antipyretic (motrin on steroids:). I had my heart broken today at KM. The children were so happy to get their letters from the families back in the states. I especially sought out Aleme and told her through an interpreter that her family loves her very much and that they ARE coming for her soon. Afterwards an 11 year old boy came to me and begged (through the interpreter) that I find him a family. I promised him I would. His name is Dawit and the nuns say that he is very sweet and quite clever. I sobbed like a girl in the car on the way back to the Hilton. I will never be the same again after seeing the crippled and blind and poor begging. We will adopt again. I love you all with all my heart and I cannot wait to come home.
God bless you, forever yours, Cam

It was wonderful to talk to him on the phone. Poor baby girl is really sick. She stayed at the hotel with Grandma while he went to KM. I could hear her sleeping on his chest and she sounds sick. Keep her in your prayers. I can't wait for them to be on their way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...