Sunday, January 11, 2009

Humility

My lesson in humility...
Today I'm standing in church when my friend leans forward and whispers that I have a big hole in the back of my skirt. "Huh, is my hiney hanging out?" I ask her. "Kind of" was her kind reply. Great! It's now near the end of the service and how many people have I flashed? I pinched the hole together and left to find a safety pin...or stapler. I did find a pin in the office and fixed myself up. Good thing I had 5 busy bees to distract me the rest of the service. Sheesh! No picture needed with this post.

4 comments:

  1. And then there was the time at training while I was talking to some stock brokers and my half slip slithered to my ankles! Or the time....etc. Every woman I know has at least one "really bad moment story". Thank goodness for a sense of humor...or I used to take tape in my purse for those "instant repair" moments.

    And thank goodness for a good friend who didn't let ignorance (as in how could you possibly know)continue....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee! I've had one of those moments too! Two years ago I was at a science meeting wearing a nice chenille sweater. Well, my hanging name tag somehow managed to rub and pull some of threads so that by the end of the "social" I had a quarter sized hole right on my boob. Sadly I didn't realize it until I got back to my hotel room. Thankfully it was dark and my bra and the sweater were the same color! Hopefully none of those people will remember it if they ever have to interview me for a job...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cinn...LOL! I had on red undies!!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I am late to this party, but why didn't you wear a slip under the skirt?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...