Saturday, January 10, 2009

I need meds!

Seriously I think I need meds. My OCD (self diagnosed) is kicking into overdrive lately. I'm crazed by the dust/dirt/clutter accumulating around here. In reality (told to me by Cam) the house is really clean and is only occasionally cluttered with toys. I would love to do about 10 hours of straight cleaning. In this fantasy Cam can take the kids out of the house for the day and I'll clean, clean, clean. I would love it...but it's not going to happen anytime soon. Cam is into his second quarter of grad school, works and studies during any extra time...which there isn't much.

We got new oak floors installed from the entryway through the kitchen. They are GORGEOUS! But, in my crazy mind...the OCD thing...now my cabinets and appliances look terrible. I know...one thing at a time! Well, I've made a deal with myself (sounding crazier by the minute) to scrub and polish one cabinet section a day. I'd really like to do them all today but unless I lock the kids in one room, throw candy on the floor and put movies on back to back (hmmmm...sounding tempting) I won't get much done.

Perhaps, I should go clean something now instead of sitting at the computer? Wow...what a good idea!
Here's the beautiful new floor...love it! Can anyone tell me why my camera leaves these circles of light on photos? It's only when I use the flash and only happens sometimes...the lens is clean...help.
Just to make me smile...and you...Busy Guy and Mr. P fight over the black cape so I put a safety pin on a baby blanket and "made" a second cape. Today Busy Guy put it on Sis so she could play Batman and "Robber" too. What a hoot. She wore it for quite a while. I keep telling the boys that it's Batman and Robin...but they just get annoyed and roll their eyes and tell me I'm wrong, that it's Robber! Whatever!

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Becky, I wish I had your drive to clean stuff! You make me tired just reading about your ambitions. Good luck with the scrubbing and polishing! That picture of those two on the steps is adorable.:)
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow down girl! You have 5 kids who are more important than good looking cupboards. However,the floors are beautiful. I have another friend who goes nuts like you. I doubt you could find a microscopic piece of dust in her house,yet she always has to clean it. I on the other hand am probably too much the opposite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your floors are gorgeous!

    I am not OCD at all... but I do have an idea for you. My kids love to "help"... if you give them a wipe they will scrub forever! While you are working on a high cabinet, give them a wipe and have them do a lower one... I bet your little ones would love it. It might not get anything clean, but it will keep them occupied!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life in Fitzville...you are a supergenious! I'm giving it a try.
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Becky,

    My wife just showed me your photo with your question. My guess is the following. Whenever there is a point source of light directly in the photo, there is the potential for these "white spots" as the light travels through the lens. You can get these with the sun, a lamp (particularly if you can see the bulb), the sun reflecting off the hood of a car, or - as in this case - the flash reflecting off of the door. Notice the bright spot on the door which is acting like a point source of light.

    As an experiment, try this. Go back to the same hall and take the photo again from an angle where the flash does not reflect off of the door. I suspect you will not have the spots in that photo.

    If you do, well, then, I guess you get what you pay for when it comes to free advice.

    Good Luck,

    CrazyD

    ReplyDelete
  6. My dear sweet daughter - your house is spotlessly clean and mine is not so I would very much like for you to come clean it, and I guarantee that you can spend more that 10 hours cleaning. I’ll watch the kids …we’ll go some where fun so you can clean. How does that sound, will it work for you? Love, Mom :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...