Monday, January 26, 2009

I've Done It!


My job as a Mother is complete!!!!!

I was making Mr. P some toast...I was using up some of the white french bread I had bought to go with the chicken noodle soup I wanted when I was sick. This is my stand-by meal to make myself feel better.

Mr. P comes in the kitchen...looks at his toast...and cries...seriously with tears in his eyes..."No, I don't want THAT...I want our regular brown bread".

YES! And let me mention that it's not the wimpy "wheat" bread but a dense whole grain, 5 grams of fiber a slice bread! I have always given it to the kids...and it has paid off. I can retire now...happily:)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, GOOD JOB!
    And when your kids start reading the ingredients of an item and calling them off to you in the grocery store. "Nannie, we can't get this, it has corn syrup in it!" People look at this little 5 year old and can't believe it. But shows you're doing a good job.

    I'm so glad you're feeling better. I sure enjoy your blog. Love the kids. Hope you don't mind me tagging along.

    God Bless,
    Miss Lila in Atlanta
    lilahuggins@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I always gave my kids "brown bread" but when they were older they used to talk about the gross grilled cheese they had to eat on whole wheat! (I had given in to white bread by then.) But now that they are adults, they eat brown bread again. Keep it up Becky!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...