Monday, December 6, 2010

Gotta Love the Girls

I'm crazy busy with the usual things and then Christmas prep and my birthday squeeze into the month. Whew! I can't seem to catch up or stay on track for anything. Every year I vow to do things earlier and not become stressed by the hustle and bustle. Well, I'm stressed and hanging on by a thread...the kind that's unravelling quickly.
But, in all the fast paced hoopla going on in my life I had the most amazing thing happen. On Sat. morning I was home in my nightgown when there was a knock at our door. I opened the door to find two girlfriends holding a latte for me. Wow! They handed me a craftily written poem telling me to pack my bags for an overnight trip to the city! Wowwwwwwy!
We stayed downtown in a beautiful hotel, had wine and appetizers (all loving packed by these great friends) in our room, went to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory (yum!), had fun at a martini bar and walked around the city and enjoyed the Christmas decorations. We stayed up way too late chatting. The next day we had lunch and then came home to husbands and kids who missed us! Nice!!! What a blessing these women are to me. Thanks you two!!!! Love you SO much.

Makin' a wish for the next year!

2 comments:

  1. I especially like the view in the last picture (and I'm not talking about you!):)
    Sounds like SOOOO much fun! Im jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like so much fun! Happy Birthday month!:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...