Monday, June 30, 2008

News of the Day

This morning I woke up to this wonderful email from my MIL. She is the best!

I have notes for you Becky...Cam has truly suffered Jet Lag, I woke him to talk with you last night and he immediately went back to sleep for another two hours. Lydia has a fever and cough but he said, "thanks to my wife I have stuff here to use for it" and they both slept well last night. And this morning Cam is starting to talk and think like himself. Truly Jet lagged the first day. As for Lydia - she has a dimple on her right cheek when she smiles and she smiles often. She sucks her thumb or first finger occasionally,. She will soon, I'm sure, learn how to roll over and she makes the most wonderful "brrrr" sound...like one of the boys playing cars. They will love that, I'm sure. She vocalizes, says "da-da-da-da" often and croons herself to sleep. She had a stinking stinky poo last night and this morning. I being the consummate grandma, woke Cam to change her. Sort of like sending the kids home when they get crabby. Ah, me. Such a naughty Gramma Sue. but the whole time Cam was changing her she flirted outrageously and I know you would like to know more details but that's what I wrote down for today. Thank you for letting Cam and I have this experience. It is, truly, not something words can describe as well as the being here, seeing, experiencing the sights, smells, sounds. Love you more and I know Cam will be more talkative tonight. Love,Sue

When I talked to hubby he was MUCH more talkative and sounded like his normal self. He said Lydia (her Ethiopian name and Patron Saint) does have a fever and diarrhea but is otherwise happy and so sweet. The Doctor at Layla checked her out and said it was a viral infection. Hubby said lots of the kids at Layla have runny noses right now. They had a tour of Layla and hubby got to play soccer with the older kids. They got video of it so that will be fun to watch. They were going to the pizza parlor at the Hilton after I talked to him. Tomorrow they are going to visit another orphanage called Kidane Meret. It is run by nuns. Our friend's new daughter is there and hubby is excited to meet her and take her picture. He also has lots of mail to deliver from families waiting to bring kids home.

On the home front...it's Birthday Day for Mr. P!!! We are going out to dinner. He chose McDonald's....oh yeah! I'll be eating something at home before we go. After dinner Nana and Grandpa are coming over for cake. He has an Indiana Jones cake and is very excited about it. It's still nice and sunny so we will play outside after we go pick up the cake. We spent some time yesterday watching home movies and we plan to do it again today too. It was so fun to see the boys when they were smaller. They really enjoyed seeing Papa on the TV too. They kept asking where I was...I'm rarely on the screen but they can hear me because I'm always the one doing the taping. I got really cute video this morning of Busy Guy singing Happy Birthday to his brother. Check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...