Monday, April 13, 2009

Holy Week

Our Holy Week begins today. We are Orthodox Christians and our Pascha (Easter) falls on a different day than Western Easter. Last year I wrote about this...the Gregorian calendar and the Julian calendar. http://wildatheartfamily.blogspot.com/2008/03/its-not-our-easter-yet.html read more here if you desire.
Today Cam took Tuba, and Busy Guy to the morning liturgy. I stayed home with the babes and Mr. P went to school. Tonight we will join together as a family and go to church.
It will be a beautiful week of services...10 services in the week. It's busy but it's our favorite week of the year. The kids can hardly wait for Sunday...the Paschal service, feast and the kid's fair. I'll be taking pictures all week and posting them. I was just looking back at photos of last year. The boys have grown so much. Sis was still in Ethiopia and I was pregnant with Baby George. What a change the year has brought. I'm so thankful for my family and faith.
The biggest news of the week is that my mom will be baptized and chrismated into the Orthodox Church on Holy Saturday. She has been attending a sister parish in a town close to her home for about a year. We are excited! She has chosen Monica as her patron saint. Cam and I converted 11 years ago and my mom will be the only other family member who is Orthodox. This is the icing on the cake of Holy Week. More to come as the week goes on...and pictures too.

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome about your mom. That will be great for you guys!

    P.S. Loved the Tail of Two Snakes by the way.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...