Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Yikes...Snakes!

We've been doing fun things each day for Spring Break. The weather isn't nice so we have been trying to find things inside. Yesterday we had a very fun day packed full of fun. We started out going to the Reptile Zoo. Yikes! I hate snakes! I called ahead to make sure there would be a "safe" place for me to stand without any vermin out of their cages. I was assured the holding area...that's holding of snakes area is off to one side. Okay, I would attempt to go in and watch the kids and Cam hold a snake. YUCK!
It was hot and stuffy in the zoo...which is building in a strip mall. All the lights for those cold blooded animals really heat things up. The smell...not so good...snake poop is kinda stinky! We got to see lots of snakes, iguanas, cockroaches, lizards, turtles (very nice and cute) and two big alligators...really close up.

It looks like the top of this is open but it's not...it's glass. This alligator was lickin' his lips...well his teeth!
What a brave little girl!

I stood near this cute guy!
The look on my face says it all...blech!
These snakes are in the 10 deadliest snakes in the world. The black on travels 15 miles an hours...Cam pointed out that we couldn't outrun it...thanks. I kept praying there would be no earthquakes to upend the tanks. Actually all the venomous snakes have had the venom surgically removed. Still...no earthquakes please.
Mr. P and a BIG one.
Mr. P petting it's head.
Busy Guy's turn to pet. Nobody wanted to hold this guy...
...except Cam. I could see him across the store and all I could think was, "did you bring a clean shirt...and is it okay to make him sleep on the couch tonight?". Blech!!!!
The rest of the day was much more "Mom" friendly...I'll post those photos later.

4 comments:

  1. LOL! I think that looks like a great day!! Of course I also spent the whole time laughing while reading because I was thinking of the story when you guys first started dating where you went for hike, spotted a snake, and then I believe Cam had to carry you or you used him as a climbing post? Something like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Cinny, but it was a whole nest of snakes!!! Baby ones slithering all over each other...and Cam had to carry me as a perched on his head all the way out of the trail! AND...the whole time at the reptile house the kids kept saying...Cinny would love it here!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...