Friday, June 19, 2009

Cousins


From left: 1979 My sister Chelsea, cousins Staci, Kari, Ashley (sisters), myself, and our friend Gina. We are sitting on our grandparents back patio celebrating Ashley's birthday.

My Dad had his BRCA2 genetic test (the breast cancer gene) and he is NOT a carrier of the gene! This is great news! This means my sisters and I could not inherit the gene and do not need to be tested.

A few weeks ago I wrote about my cousins and their breast cancer. My cousin Staci is doing well with her chemo and has such a great outlook. Both Staci and Kari have inherited the gene. Kari had breast cancer two years ago and Staci has it now. Ashley just had her BRCA2 test and will soon get the results. They also all have daughters who will be getting tested in the future. Keep these girls in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...